Saturday, March 31, 2012

Surprise!

When was the last time God surprised you?

I love it when God shows up in the little ways, just to show you how personal he is!

I went to Rebecca's wedding this afternoon and knew I would see some old friends that I hadn't seen in years! Sure enough I was speaking with Dale who I hadn't seen in quite some time. I shared with him that I had just gotten back from Atlanta. He asked what I was doing in Atlanta. I told him that I went to see the author of the book Toxic Charity, Bob Lupton.

He replied, I know Bob! What! I replied in a loud voice. How? Dale used to live in Atlanta and knew Bob when Bob was working on renewing his first neighborhood. The same neighborhood I had just heard about for the last few days.

This is crazy and it gets better!

I told Dale that Bob would be in Richmond in June. He asked if he could hook up with him when he is in town.

I then proceeded to tell Dale about the church on brookland park that I had been praying for. He asked for more specifics about it's location. I told him that it was across from the converted school building that is now Brookland Park Plaza. He said the Bethlehem Center?

I said yes! He then proceeded to tell me that he used to hold young life clubs back in the 80's there in that same building, that I have been praying for the last two months or more!

I can keep going because it gets even better!

Let me give you some background. Dale used to live in the same apartment building as I when I first got married 27 years ago. Dale had just moved to Richmond from Atlanta not long before that. He lived a couple of floors above mine.

The story has a real twist.

My wife and Dale had to help my pitiful memory, I am over 50 now!

Back in the day, Dale used to bring the kids from Brookland park and the Bethlehem Center into MY APARTMENT!

I slightly recall that time, but my wife surely remembers it!

This is the same Church building that my heart cries out for every morning that I drive by it.

What other surprises does God have in store!!!!

Thank you God for your wonderful, sense of humor and SURPRISES!

No comments:

Post a Comment