Saturday, March 24, 2012

Connections

4th ave house

Have you ever heard of the phrase "six degrees of separation"?

It has to do with the idea that everyone is six steps away from knowing everyone else on the whole wide earth.

 I believe God has his family connected a whole lot closer than that and not just the idea of knowing someone.

Isn't it amazing when you meet someone for the first time, that you can usually find someone in common that you know, or you try to make a connection. At least that's what I usually do. Do you know so n so?

Today for example quit a few people showed up to help refurbish the house on 4th ave. (Thank you to all who helped!!!!) I only knew Mike (whom I met two days ago) and JT the owner of the house.

We had all come together to help fix up a house for someone we didn't even know or have any idea of. 

What will that connection look like?

What I do know is that we all had a common goal of providing a safe and beautiful home for someone in the not too distant future. A home that some day might be the place where they started their journey back to recovery, back to a healthy way of life!

We may not have known each other when the day started, but we do now! I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know some new friends!

I came home excited about what was accomplished. Cabinets were hung in the kitchen, a window was replaced, painting was going on and drywall was hung on a ceiling!

I finished the day cutting my grass and running into a neighbor. She shared with me similar needs of housing for the people in south Richmond along Jeff Davis Highway. She also shared connections with similar organizations that I had heard of. I can't wait to see where that road will lead!

 I know God is up to something bigger than I can imagine!

 It isn't always about who you know, but everyone of us has something they can offer.

Do you want to be a part of the dream?

The dream that some day Richmond, Va will have homes for everyone who doesn't want to be homeless.

For the doubters just you watch what God can do!


No comments:

Post a Comment