Thursday, March 22, 2012

Adventure of a Life Time!

I think I am going to change my story from a journey to an Adventure!

A journey suggest a destination in mind. I can honestly say that I have no idea where God is taking me!

Let me share with you the Wikipedia definition of an adventure:

An adventure is defined as an exciting or unusual experience; it may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome. The term is often used to refer to activities with some potential for physical danger. The term also broadly refers to any enterprise that is potentially fraught with physical, financial or psychological risk.


I started this blog at the end of February 2012.

Has it been exciting? Yep!

Unusual? Yep!

Bold? You bet!

Risky? Check!

Uncertain? Most definitely!

Psychological risks? Yep
(Those who have seen my crying like a baby, would say I might be crazy or worse, that I am experiencing sympathetic menopause!)

So today, I started off walking and meeting up with my angel who has a name! Geraldine!
We had a blast talking about life and what God has in store for all of us.

I then got in my car and started to circle the neighborhood. As I was driving I called Charles and asked if he would be around his house. He seemed surprised to get a call from me at 8am in the hood! I stopped by and gave him some bus tickets to hand out to those in need. Someone from church had donated them.

I then went to the office and hustled to get my work done, so I could go on an Embrace Richmond tour! The tour was down in Hill Side Court one of the poorest sections of Richmond! I'm told the average income is $8,000 a YEAR or less! We had an amazing time!

As I was driving back to work I received a call from Charles, he told me a friend of his had just gotten a job because of our efforts! We were both ecstatic!

Then later that day I called a gentleman who came in yesterday with his wife to ask for financial help. His family consists of his wife, five kids and a sick relative living with them. They were behind in rent and they were unemployed. Your heart goes out for those in need!

I suggested a possible job opportunity.

Back to my phone call today. The gentleman said he was unable to reach Mark or I because he had left my phone number behind . An emergency had come up and he had to take his relative to the hospital. In the mean time late yesterday, he applied for the job we suggested.

Today, he said with enthusiasm that he got the job!

That's two more jobs!

You can't tell me I'm not on an ADVENTURE!

I am responsible for GOING on the Adventure and God is responsible for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment