Monday, March 5, 2012

Snow like prayers?



Got up early to do the prayer walk! The wife was taken back because it was 5:30 am! Who gets up that early? I can't explain it other than God has been speaking to me early in the am. I went through my regular morning routine and left the house around 6:15 am. I felt led to do the drill around the house again. It's called praying through! It also helps to do it before the sun comes up so the neighbors don't think your crazy!

Then I started to drive to Northminster when the thought occurred to me to do the prayer DRIVE around the metro Richmond area again. As I headed down I95 it started to snow. My wife had said to me before I left to be careful. In her mind I would be walking around in a bad part of town.
As I drove down the interstate in what looked like a blizzard I began to question what was worse, driving on the interstate in the snow or walking around a dangerous part of town in the wee hours of the morning?

As I drove an exciting thought occurred to me to consider as part of the homeless initiative. I will be praying to see what happens. I will keep you posted.

When driving on the interstate alone you have a great opportunity to pray and reflect on God. As the snow flakes fell on the car and immediately melted, it occurred to me that the snow flakes represented prayers. Prayers that went unanswered and melted away for they were never asked!

May I learn to pray unceasing and boldly and that my car might be buried under the avalanche of answered prayers from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment