Saturday, March 10, 2012

Keep Circling!


When it comes to a prayer walk you can't just stop! 

You need to pray through as Mark Batterson would say.

The other day I was pretty down and felt all alone. I wanted God to show up during my walk, but to no avail. I had to trust that he was still with me even though I didn't FEEL IT! 

Some times my emotions can dictate my relationship with Christ and that can give you a false sense of security! 

Your relationship with God is not just a feeling, but a commitment!

Well today was another day and God showed me that he hadn't gone any where! 

I went out early this morning for my usual walk around Northminster. I made a couple of laps and then proceeded to go on my prayer drive around the neighborhood. As I came up to the stoplight at Chamberlayne and Westwood ave I saw Elijah Winston once more! Elijah is the older gentleman that I wrote about back on 2/25/12!

I called out from my car to say hi! He asked if the church was open today? I said no, but did he want me to read scripture to him. He said he would love that, so I told him to get in the car. We proceeded back to the Church and park on the side of the road a half a block away from the Church in order to see the steeple and the cross on top of it. I then proceeded to pick up where we left off the last time in Exodus. 

He asked for a piece of paper to write on, I had to scramble through my trunk to find a couple of fliers that I had. I told him to use the back of the paper to take notes like the time before. I started in chapter 3 and stopped and he proceeded to read back to me his notes. It was SO MUCH fun reading to him!

After we finished a couple of chapters he took off. I said I wanted to buy him a notebook and pen so he could keep his notes in a safe place. He was thrilled with the idea. I ran over to Walgreens to buy the book. I hurried back to see if I could locate Elijah again.

Sure enough he was walking back to the large house on the corner where 19 other guys live with him. I asked if he had family and he said yes, that he had 5 other brothers and sisters and parents. I took him the rest of the way home and handed him the book and pens for our future time together.

I know that I will run into him again, if i just keep circling!

No comments:

Post a Comment