Monday, March 12, 2012

Forward Motion


What does forward motion look like in ones relationship with God? The past few months have produced a lot of excitement, but that isn't what I am referring to. 

I have come to learn something new in the last couple of days. I have heard it said, that if you aren't moving forward than you are going backwards. Can this be said of my relationship with God? 

What I can say at this point is, that I know what forward motion looks like. It isn't always crazy events or some big break through. It may not look like what you think it should!

I have come to see it in very small steps! 

Last night I couldn't sleep. I was so excited about what the future holds. I could see all the possibilities.

I am certain that we can bring an end to homelessness in Richmond for those who want it! 

I KNOW it to be true!

I got up in the middle of the night and I read for a bit and eventually collapsed on the couch. This is very strange because I usually go to sleep very easily, keep in mind my wife expects to see her husband in bed at 2am. Fortunately Pamela slept through my trip to the couch and I didn't scare her this time!

Today I went on my walk again and God gave me a new contact to consider. I then shared it with Mark. Later I received an encouraging email from my new contact and towards the end of the day I had a great conversation with Cassie!

These were small steps, not huge breakthroughs!

I came to realize that I was totally excited and grateful for the small steps! 

The Forward Motion!

2 comments:

  1. I can't join your sight...I'm being blackballed and I'm not even in yet!
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be able to join by hitting join this site button

    ReplyDelete