Thursday, March 15, 2012

Selling Out!

According to Wikipedia one of the definitions of sell out is: Sometimes a sellout is seen as a person that is disloyal to one's group that he or she belongs (usually ethnic group) in order to gain money or become successful.

What does that have to do with me?


What I am learning about myself over the last few weeks, is that I need to get out of my comfort zone in order that I might know Christ! Put yourself in a position of totally relying on Him!


Give it all up, in order to gain Christ! 

I am not going to pretend that I have come close to being completely sold out. I don't want anybody to think that I am bragging. I want folks to know that God can use ANYONE!

What I want to share is that this journey to end homelessness in Richmond is NOT my idea! 

It's God's!

In the near future, when you start seeing results then God gets the credit!

I just happened to be open to allowing God to work through me in the process. When I became willing to let go of everything, everything broke loose! (you will have to catch up on my blog)

Here are some of the things that I have found myself doing, that eight months ago would have been unheard of!

I have read at least 10 books!

I am writing a blog!

The other month I gave a homeless guy a ride! Never before in 25 years!

I have never spent hours prayer walking around a neighborhood where just a couple of weeks ago some one was killed in a drive by shooting!

I have never had a great friend who was homeless for 30 years and a crack addict!

Never before have I found myself picking up trash like beer bottles, cigarette butts and birth control items!

I have never before walked the streets of Brookland Parkway till now!

This is CRAZY!

I am a 52 year old white male and God is still using me!

The best part of selling out for Christ, I am having the BEST time of my life!

It's Fun!

Will you sell out?






No comments:

Post a Comment