Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I saw an Angel!


I got to the Northminster neighborhood about 7 am this morning to go on my walk. I saw the typical folks walking their dogs or driving off to work. I made one circle as usual around the block. It happened to be quite cold outside! I noticed my hands were freezing. I then recalled what it might be like for those folks who were homeless and living on the streets. How cold are they this morning?

As I made my second lap around the block the school bus pulled up in its usual spot and parked for a few minutes as it waited to proceed on its daily route. I prayed that I might get the opportunity to speak with the woman driver. I had spoken to her briefly in passing a few weeks ago when it was quit warmer. We exchanged niceties on that particular morning, but this time I felt a calling for something more.

I came around the corner and the bus was straight ahead of me several yards away, I noticed that the driver of the bus rolled down her window and spoke to the man walking his dog ahead of me. I was excited that this was the moment I was looking for. I couldn't wait to reach the bus!

By the time I came along side the bus, the driver had closed her window and was busy reading some paper work. She didn't even notice that I was passing her by. I asked God what was up with that!

I continued my walk and became very resolved in my mind that it was not meant to be! I had another block to go to get to my car. I turned the corner and began to approach my car and up in front of the car a few yards away I noticed the bus driver was walking around the church property!

I was headed to to my car because this was my second lap around the block and it was time to leave. I began to question whether or not to drive off. It was like the arguments you have in your head with yourself trying to make a decision on something that is not quit clear to you. I could see both sides.

But wait a minute wasn't this a divine appointment? Wasn't this the opportunity I was looking for? I passed my car by and proceeded to catch up to the bus driver.

I asked her what had happened to the warm weather? She said this is what it is. She began to share with me the latest tragedies in the news with all the storms in the Midwest, but she had a beautiful perspective on life! She couldn't have been more grateful for her life and her outlook was awesome. This lady was so positive and excited I felt like I was speaking to an angel! She was very encouraging! She said we all needed to make a difference in life and that it started with the small things!

I could relate!

She proceeded to say we may never understand everything that goes on in life. I said maybe when we get to heaven and her response was its not going to matter at that point.

I walked away from that brief encounter encouraged and excited for what the next time will be like when we cross paths.

On another note:

Jeff got an email this morning from someone who asked has the church ever considered opening a thrift store! 

Wow! 

Then Mark saw on national news a video story about a thrift store in New York that was doing quite well and ALL the proceeds go to the HOMELESS!

I know God is moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment