Sunday, March 11, 2012

My plan stinks!


I know that I always like to be in control, but with God that's not in his plans. God wants to be in control and believe it or not it's a lot more fun allowing him to be in control. 

I look back over the last few weeks and know that no one can deny that God is in control of what is happening in my life and the life of the Church.

For example take the service this morning, Michelle shared her story of being homeless. She was not in control of what happened to her. She came to the church to seek help, but she also wanted to help fix the problems with the system concerning others who were homeless. Her heart was to see that others wouldn't experience what she had been through.

She had no idea that we had just started looking into what we as a Church could do to help with the homeless situation in Richmond. I didn't know her and she just walked in to Mark's office. God was in control. 

I am sure God was enjoying, watching Mark and I get all excited about the conversation we were having with Michelle. I knew then that something great was taking place.

My how her life has changed dramatically since this past fall. I am so excited to have her be a part of the solution for the problems that exist. I couldn't have planned it any better!  My plan is no good.

God has the best plan!

PS Come to church on 3/18 and hear God's plan for Atlee to help solve homelessness in Richmond!

PPS Bring a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment