Friday, June 1, 2012

Update! Get ready!

Today is June 1st 2012! Why is this day significant?

It's a day of reflection on what God has done!

Today I went to look back on how far this journey has come in a short few months. I went to February 25, 2012 where I started my first blog post!

So in just three short months a lot has happened!

I started back then prayer walking around a Church, Northminster that I knew hardly anything about. I did know the senior pastor, Sammy.

I had no idea why God would have me there in a strange neighborhood!

As time has flown by God is up to something BIG!

I now have conversations with folks about how to reach out to the neighbors and how to help redevelop the poorest sections of Brookland Park and Highland Park.

Conversations are being had around topics like partnerships, business development, non profits coming together.

More conversations around helping the young adults get jobs and creating safe places for teenagers to hang out.

Churches are working together to reach the lost.

All this out of a deep love for Christ and a calling to get off my butt and get in the game!

There are so many people hurting in the Northside!

In the last three months I have read about three murders that have taken place on my prayer drive through the neighborhood!

I had no clue about any of this three months ago!

God has done so much I can't get it all down on paper, but I have tried to write about most of it through this Blog.

The Northside and Richmond as a whole is about to change!

Let's all get off the couch like myself and start walking with God and watch him do His thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment