Friday, June 29, 2012

Reconciliation

The need for reconciliation in Richmond is far greater than I ever knew. I grew up in a bubble and even more recently, I work and live in a bubble.

I have learned so much about the racial divide that exists. I have been ignorant of the fact most of my entire life!

I unknowingly created my own bubble.

If you don't put yourself in a place to learn and grow you may be blind to the things around you.

While I have been on this journey to help homelessness, I have come to see the significant issues that exist. In the Northside on Brookland Park, I am the minority and it is obvious. If you are Caucasian walking alone then you will not be spoken to.

I realize the policies and laws from the past that have created a lot of the problems from redlining, to people's deeds that state that a property can not be sold to a "non-Caucasian". I had never heard of such a thing!

It's wrong and we need to recognize it and move towards love and reconciliation.

We are all called to a ministry of reconciliation and now is the time to make it happen in Richmond.

We have created the racial divide, but the bible teaches reconciliation for ALL!

We are ALL called to be reconciled to God!

I am praying for reconciliation in Richmond!

2 Corinthians 5

New Living Translation (NLT)


18 And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. 19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. 20 So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment