Thursday, June 21, 2012

God had it planned!

I started my walk this morning and right away a car stopped and pulled over to the side of the road. A gentleman named Howard stepped out and introduced himself.

I was familiar with his face because he had attended a meeting this past Sunday at Northminster. At the meeting I was asked to share some thoughts on generosity as it pertained to Atlee Community Church.

I will go into more detail on that, in a later post.

Howard and I began to walk and get to know each other. He shared some thoughts from this past Sunday and it was so cool to see how much we had in common.

Keep in mind I have never met this man!

He told me that he grew up going to St Christopher's school for several years. The same school that I went to for 13 YEARS! (Kindergarten thru High School)

I asked where he lived growing up and upon his answer I about dropped to the ground!

He grew up on Roselawn Rd, right up the street from where I lived!

I think God was smiling at that moment we made the connection!

God had that point in time planned all along!

I LOVE prayer walking around the Northside! What a blast!

PS I am going on vacation for two weeks and I pray that others will be there in my absence! I know I will be praying from afar!

No comments:

Post a Comment