Sunday, June 10, 2012

Prayers for the City!



This past Wednesday I had the pleasure of visiting Richmond Hill with my good friend Sammy, Pastor of Northminster Church.

In a meeting with him a couple of weeks ago Sammy had mentioned Richmond Hill to me. I didn't know anything about it. He then offered to take me on a tour.

Sammy was aware of the impact that the book, The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson has had on my life!

If you haven't read it, it's all about prayer and I would highly suggest you read it!

If it wasn't for what God was doing in my life as a direct result of prayer none of these stories from my blog would exist today!

Richmond Hill is located on the top of Church Hill. It has a fantastic view of downtown Richmond! There you will find an awesome ministry that has a lot of history!

One of the main purposes of Richmond Hill is to pray for the City of Richmond. I couldn't believe there was an actually ministry over looking the city, praying for the people!

It really moved me, to know that there are people dedicated to praying for the City of Richmond, THREE TIMES A DAY!

I wish I could be as faithful!

Located in what used to be a monastery, it has beautiful grounds and architecture!

The chapel is a sight to see!

What a great place to have a prayer retreat!

Here is the Mission of Richmond Hill taken from their website.


http://richmondhillva.org/home.html

It is always encouraging to know that others are praying in agreement for the city!

Prayers for reconciliation and the poor are being lifted up!

I think it's time to take my prayer drive around the City!

No comments:

Post a Comment