Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Miracle this past Sunday!

What's my definition of a Miracle? I see it as an event where God shows himself strong outside of my own self..

This past Sunday I saw God do a Miracle!

For those who are new to this blog, I started a prayer walk around Northminster Church in Northside several months ago.

What's a prayer walk you might ask? A prayer walk is where I pray for the people around a particular area. In this case I am praying for the church and the people in the neighborhood.

I felt led by God to start this prayer walk after visiting the church on a Saturday back in February.

For months I have been praying and I have seen God show up so many times it's hard to count! I have tried to keep track of them in this blog.

This past Sunday I was given the opportunity to speak with the leadership team about generosity.

Generosity as it relates to what I have experienced with the culture change at Atlee Community Church. A Miracle in and of itself! I hope to share that story another time!

Keep in mind I knew nothing about Northminster back in February, except I had met the pastor Sammy a few times outside of Church.

Some questions that might come to mind.

How did I get invited? Why me? What did I have to say that would be worth listening to?

Easy answer!

God showed up and showed himself strong!

It all started with the prayer walk! After a few months Beth from Northminster joined me on the walk to pray. I shared with her what had taken place at Atlee. Beth shared the story with Sammy. Sammy joined me on the prayer walk and heard of God's miracle at Atlee. Sammy wanted to share it with his leadership team.

It's exciting to share what God is doing! When God is on the move I can't contain the excitement.

This all began because of a prayer walk! Intentional time with God!

If you want to see a miracle, start being intentional with your relationship with God!


No comments:

Post a Comment