Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pray for a bus!



One of the biggest hurdles for those trying to overcome homelessness is the lack of employment. Employment becomes an obsticle because of the lack of transportation. 

It's hard to get a job much less keep a job, if you don't have reliable transportation.

Over the past few months I have seen jobs available out near Hanover Air Park and Short Pump. 

The problem; no buses go out that far!

There are lots of folks needing jobs and there are jobs available!

I know of four jobs that were open and I could not fill because of the lack of transportation! 

Wouldn't it be great to find a bus or a van and make it happen!

Charles told me he knows a possible driver. If we fill it with 15 people it would be self sustaining.

I would love to see a home made bus route!

What could it look like? 

Start in Northside drive to Hanover Air Park , Short Pump and back!

When I told Mark of the idea, he said he would call a pastor friend of his. Mark called his friend and asked if he had a passenger van we could use. His friend responded very surprised!

He said no he didn't have a van, but he was right in the middle of applying for a grant to get a passenger van!

I'm praying for a bus!



No comments:

Post a Comment