Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The fountain of LIFE!





This past Sunday morning was one of those days that I couldn't sleep because of how excited I was!

Let me back up a bit, for months now I have been on a prayer walk around a Church (Northminster) that I knew very little about when I first started.

Every morning I would stop at what has become my favorite spot on the property, the fountain!

I started to pray that the fountain would be revived!

At the time, the fountain was not working and the weeds had overtaken most of the area around it.

The fountain represented life to me!

John 4:13-14
New International Version (NIV)

13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst.(A) Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water(B) welling up to eternal life.”(C)

By now several people have joined me on this prayer walk and have seen the condition of the fountain. 

This past Friday night Sammy (The Pastor of Northminster) approached me and told me to go look at the fountain!

I didn't get a chance to get by there until early Sunday morning! As I made the turn onto Westwood Ave and passed by the chapel I could see the fountain in the distance.

The closer I got, I began to weep like a baby! What I saw was God's hand on that fountain! 

The fountain wasn't even working, there was no cascades, no lights shining on it and no sound of running water. 

What I did see was that it was weedless! All the weeds in the patio dividers were gone! The weeds around the fountain had been pulled!

At this point all I can say is that God was up to something! I had a real sense of excitemnet for what God was doing. For months this fountain was overgrown and stagnant!

There were several times along this journey, that I thought to myself that I should be the one to weed the fountain and make it a better place, but in this case God had another plan and he didn't need me to do the work!

I love how God answers our prayers!

I look forward to the day that I pass by this fountain and hear the sound of cascading waters flowing and the spotlights shining as a beacon!

"a spring of water(B) welling up to eternal life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment