Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Will it ever end?

As I have been on the path to end homelessness, I have learned more and more of the injustice associated with racism. Racism plays a role in the struggles of the homeless.

In my life time I too have been guilty of racism, but God loves us enough to forgive us of our past transgressions.

Richmond has a history of it, but it unfortunately exist elsewhere as well.

It's sad when I hear of a church that commits a racial injustice!

There is no such thing as the Perfect church!

I pray for this church to see the error of their ways and for the couple to show God's love through it all.

I believe The Church is the hope of the world, but we must first recognize our short comings.

 Let's pray for reconciliation in our city of Richmond!


 

1 comment:

  1. I am 72 and remember the feelings against black as i was growng up. I had them too because that was the way I was brought up. As I got older and they got more rights and I came into contact with them I realized how wrong it was. I have meet some awesome people.

    ReplyDelete