Friday, August 24, 2012

My Prayer Annex

I started about a week ago on a new part of my prayer drive. The newest section includes Barton Heights.

The first day of the drive I went down Norh Ave towads Gilpin Court around 6:30am.

I noticed a strange man looking at me as I drove by. He had some personal issues.

I turned on Poe St and drove past Marti and Louis' house. No one seemed to be stirring there!

When I came back around to go back up North Ave I drove past the stranger again.

I then passed by Charles' house as I was looking towards the other side of the street.

It wasn't 10 sec later that my phone rang and I heard that dstinct deep voice. "What are you doing, a drive by in the hood?"

It was my best friend Charles, who was sitting out on his front porch watching some old white dude driving past him!

We joked on the phone and I told him about the guy I saw.

Charles knew him and said to stay away! 

It's a good thing to get local intel from a insider.

Today as I drove through Barton Heights, there was Charles sitting on his front porch!

He yelled across the traffic to me as I came to a stop. He said he had a new toy to show me.

He was very excited about his new phone! He had just gotten an Iphone!

The other phone was very archaic with todays standards, a flip phone.

The funny thing about Charles he said "I threw out the instructions!"

He didn't know how to completely operate the phone. I wasn't much help since I am an Android user.

We lauged alot and then I drove off.

How cool is it that I now have a great frend to talk with in the hood at 6:30 am on my new prayer annex!



No comments:

Post a Comment