Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fear of getting into a stranger's car!

On Thursday I saw a women face her fears and allow God to work in her life.

The last few days I have spoken of Mary (not her real name), a homeless woman seeking help to save her own life!

She is now at a treatment center in Kentucky.

What I find courageous about this woman is that she faced her fears and took a HUGE step of faith.

She got in a car with a perfect stranger. Once she took that step she began to find God's love all around her.

I know she didn't wake up that morning thinking she would end up in Kentucky the next day!

I believe she took a risk and stepped out in faith to see what God could do.

Mary has a long road of recovery ahead of her, but I would implore you all who read this to pray for her!

Risk, fear and worry


I read the above blog post from Seth Godin and there is a lot of truth to be found in it.

Every day we are faced with certain challenges or risks.

I believe we are then given the opportunity to work out our faith in God.

My problem as Seth pointed out, is that I allow myself to be consumed with fear and worry.

Fear of the unknown. Fear that things won't go the way I want them to.
 
Worry kicks in trying to overcome the fear.

Worry will then consume me enough that I won't even stop to pray for God's wisdom.

Fear keeps us from taking the next step of faith.

God knows Mary's real name, her circumstances, her fears and her concerns.

I know a courageous woman who stepped out in faith and over came her fears and experienced God's love in a way that will change her life forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment