Tuesday, August 14, 2012

God brought it all together!

Sara Pomeroy from Richmond Justice Intiative spoke at Church this past Sunday. The fact that she ended up on stage speaking was a God Thing!

The story goes like this:

On a Monday in the middle of July I saw a post on Logan's wall about RJI (Richmond Justice Initiative). I watched the video and thought it was very interesting. It was a video message from Sara explaining about her ministry, RJI. I knew nothing about the subject matter.





The next day on Tuesday I got an email OUT OF THE BLUE from Sara! I thought that was crazy! She was asking if she could have a table at the Global Leadership Summit. Atlee was a host site just this past week.

I did my research and asked if Jeff and I could meet with her. We wanted to find out more about her ministry.

The meeting was set for that Thursday at Cafe Caturra in Short Pump. My daughter just so happens to work there.

Thursday came, Jeff and I were seated in the restaurant waiting for Sara. My daughter Mary Alden approached us and asked if we were interviewing again. The week before we happened to be there interviewing a potential candidate for our student ministry. 

I said no we weren't interviewing anyone, but we were waiting to meet someone. Mary Alden inquired some more and asked "what about?"

I said we were meeting someone about human trafficking! She replied "who Sara?" 

Now how did my daughter know who Sara was? I said yes with my jaw hanging wide open!

She said that Sara hangs out there often and as a matter of fact, Sara was seated in the front of the cafe. We couldn't see her because her chair was facing away from us.

I got up and introduced myself and Sara joined our table. As the conversation began we knew more and more of the same folks.

Sara had gone through RCLI (Richmond Christian Leadership Institute). Therefor she knew Tim, Fritz, Howard and others!

She had also met with my cousin's daughter Rebecca and her husband a few weeks earlier!

After a great conversation we knew she needed to come share her story at Church!

This past Sunday she hit it out of the park!

Thank you Sara for your story!

It's fun watching God bring it all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment