Saturday, August 18, 2012

Book about human trafficking!


I just finished reading this book. 

It was a great read concerning a fictional story about two sisters from India who were trafficked and a lawyer from DC.

If you have any interest in human trafficking this will open your eyes to the second largest criminal enterprise in all the world!

On one website I read that over 60% of the girls that age out of an orphanage will end up in prostitution or sex trafficking.

As I consider the homeless situation in Richmond, I am reminded that many people are taken advantage of when they have no where to go.

They are desperate for any kind of help!

The streets can be very dangerous for a homeless woman as I recently found out myself.

I mentioned the story in a previous post about Mary (not her real name).

http://homelesshookup.blogspot.com/2012/08/bbq-sandwich.html

Some of those who are homeless end up experiencing a horrific life as was portrayed in this book.





No comments:

Post a Comment