Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Contemplative Prayer


Chapel at Richmond Hill

On Thursday evening of last week, Sammy invited me to attend a mini conference on contemplative prayer at Richmond Hill.

Richmond Hill is the old monastery located on top of Church Hill. This is where a group of folks live and pray through out the day for the city. I mentioned this before in an earlier post!

http://homelesshookup.blogspot.com/2012/06/prayers-for-city.html

I have been inspired by this place because of my own journey to pray for the Northside as well as the whole city!

Contemplative prayer has to do with a deeper level of prayer unlike most of what I have experienced in my life!

http://www.contemplativeoutreach.org/category/category/centering-prayer


It is very challenging to reach because it requires yourself to be still before God and silent!

I struggle to be silent! I have too much going on in my head!

This method of prayer requires you to hear God speak to you in the silence.

God speaks in the silence of the heart. Listening is the beginning of prayer. ~Mother Teresa


I pray that I may learn more about contemplative prayer so that I may LISTEN to God!







No comments:

Post a Comment