Sunday, August 19, 2012

Enlarging my prayer drive!



The other day it was suggested that I include another neighborhood in my prayer drive.

My immediate response to be honest was to brush it off.

I didn't think I would have time to make a slight detour.

Easy excuse!

On Saturday, as I was on my prayer walk I began to pray and consider all that has happened in the last seven months.

What would my life been like if I hadn't gotten out of my comfort zone and prayed for the Northside and the neighborhood around Northminster?

I can't answer that question because I can't go back in time.

I can say that my life has never been better since I started this journey!

I currently walk the block around Northminster praying for the church and the neighborhood, usually at 7:00 am most mornings.

I then leave there and drive over to Chamberlayne ave head north to Laburnum, then east to Meadowbridge, south to Brookland Park Blvd and west back to Chamberlayne ave.

The prayer drive circuit is five miles long. 

So as I consider expanding my prayer drive I can only reflect on ALL the miracles that have taken place!

To some they would say a lot was already happening and I could not argue that point.

What I can say is that I have been extremely encouraged by all the great work that is taking place and the God sized dreams that are being lifted up in prayer.

I have described so many miracles in this blog that have happened in the last few months!

If all that took place in just seven months then why wouldn't I want to expand the circuit to include another neighborhood?

I would be an idiot not to!

The new route will be added to my existing drive to include a drive down North ave past where Charles lives, a left on Poe st., another left on Barton and a drive past Marti and Louis' home, then a left on Dove and a right back on North ave!

If I hadn't started at Northminster I wouldn't have gotten to know Charles, Marti and Louis and my life would not be as rich!

I can't wait to see what the next seven months has to offer in Barton Heights!

P.S. Feel free to join in and pray at 7:00 am and see what God is doing!



No comments:

Post a Comment