Wednesday, August 29, 2012

" I got a job!"




Today was a busy day!

Started with breakfast with Charles and Mark.

We spent time dreaming of what a Church would look like for the homeless!

Mark and I then went to a homeless update for the area from Homeward.

Next I went to Brookland Park to prayer walk with Sammy, Wendy, Charles and the gang.

The highlight was when we were in the grocery store on the corner of North ave and Brookland Park.

In walked a young gentleman, named Steven. Steven is one of the young men that has spent some time at the rec center at Northminster Church this summer.

He came in and smiled and said he got a job at Rental Works.

A week earlier Charles had asked if I could help find Steven a job.

It was awesome to see the smile on Steven's face when he shared with all of us at the store "I got a job!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment