Monday, August 13, 2012

It's a unanimous decision!

I have learned over the years that a good leader will never have unanimous consensus on everything.

I thought when I came to work for a church that would be the case. Boy was I naive!

As I work to find ways to help solve homelessness in Richmond, I have come across more and more people who don't agree with me or each other!

This is actually a good thing!

When there is diversity of thought, it causes you to consider all the options.

You must first listen!

You can then hear what might be a great idea or why your own idea might not even work.

When you listen, you confirm why your idea is the way to go!

I love this post by Seth Godin though I don't agree with his last sentence.

Unanimous is not an option


My prayer is that God will bring together precisely the right people and just enough of them to get the work done!


Thanks Seth!

No comments:

Post a Comment