Sunday, August 5, 2012

Oh No Another New Church Plant!


Baptism in the front yard!

So what's so significant about another Church plant?

Doesn't Richmond have enough Churches? I have lived here all my life and there seems to me to be a church around every corner!

Yellow pages lists 626 Churches in Richmond!


On Thursday of last week I had lunch with a church planter named Ricky Love. He has started a church called Matthew's Table.

http://matthewstablechurch.com/


The reason this is so significant is that the Church is right smack in the middle of the most significant grouping of public housing in Richmond!

He lives very close to Fairfield Court, Creighton Court, Whitcomb Court as well as Mosby.

I am told it's one of the largest areas of public housing per capita on the east coast!

He, his pregnant wife and two year old live on a street that is surrounded by abandoned houses.

I had the privilege of visiting his area of ministry.

Ricky is trying to reach out to the least amongst us!

A lot of people in the projects have no hope! They have nothing to do and sit around all day bored to tears!

Every day Ricky walks the grounds of the drug dealers and prostitutes.

Ricky is walking where Christ would be if he were here today!

But I say He is here today walking with Ricky!

There needs to be more Churches like Matthews table!

I would encourage everyone to pray for Matthew's table and think of ways to partner with what they are doing!

Thank you Ricky for your inspiration and courage to walk where most would never go!

I believe there needs to be more Church plants like Matthew's Table in the projects!





No comments:

Post a Comment