Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Splash!


Here is a picture of some kids in the backyard of Miss Marti's house.

http://missmartishouse.com/

She hosted Camp Splash last week in her back yard!

On Thursday evening I went by to meet up with Marti and got a chance to take a look at what was going on!

Young adults from Hope Church came out to Barton Heights to help run a camp for the neighborhood kids!

They all looked like they were having a blast!

One of the neighborhood kids took a look at me and asked "Are you a policeman?" I said no I wasn't. He continued "You look like a cop" I then told him that I worked for a Church.

He smiled!

I wasn't sure what to make of his comment other than to reflect that I too have had some preconceived notions of what life in the hood is like.

Don't always believe what you hear. You need to get out and see for yourself!

All I saw before me were some wonderful kids having a blast at Camp Splash!

Thank you Marti for making it happen!






No comments:

Post a Comment