Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shut up and LISTEN!




What does it take to listen to God!

Yesterday I was having lunch with a friend, Matt. He was talking about just listening to God to see what the future holds for he and his Church.

Today as I stated my routine I rounded the turn from Moss Side to Westwood and their was Tim listening to God sitting on the steps.

I continued my way down the sidewalk towards the fountain. I stopped there for a moment to celebrate that others were there this morning praying and listening.

I continued on my walk and began to pray about all the things going on. I thought how cool would it be to see others adopt a block and pray for the Northside. 

They could even pick up some trash while their doing it!

Not a few minutes later, then it hit me.

Shut up and just listen!

It took some time and will power just to quiet myself enough to listen to God. I have too many things whirling around in my head! I have a laundry list of prayers, but God said listen!

As I continued on desperately trying to quite myself and listen, I began to reflect on all that God is doing!

I turned off of Ladies Mile Road and onto Moss Side and I could see a lady walking towards me a quarter of a block away. I couldn't quite make out if I had seen her before or not, because of the sun shining in my eyes.

As she approached me she started talking and I couldn't understand out what she was saying. She then came up to me and said something like "I knew somebody was picking up the trash. I knew there was a trash man! What block to you cover?" I pointed out the block and she said "I won't come back here then."

I was in a state of shock. Who was this person?

God already had folks out in the neighborhood picking up trash!

I just needed to shut up and listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment