Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Not me this time!


Quick shortcuts (in search of)


There aren't many actual shortcuts.

There are merely direct paths...

Most people don't take them, because they frighten us--too direct, I guess. It's easy to avoid the things that frighten us if we wander around for a while. Stalling takes many forms, and one of them looks like a shortcut.

Things that look like shortcuts are actually detours (disguised as less work).

Author - Seth Godin



I often wonder if I am taking a shortcut as opposed to the right path that God would have me take. My shortcuts are usually driven by the fact that I want it now and I can make it happen!

It's all about me! 

I am very selfish and prideful!

I want to be patient and not get detoured off God's path!

There have been a lot of great ideas that I have come across in this journey and a lot of questions of when will they happen.

I am waiting on God to confirm the ones he would have me pursue first.

I want to be sure it's about God and not me!

Here is my prayer below!


Proverbs 3:5-7 NLT

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.7 Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom.
Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

Sometimes it's not about the destination, but the JOURNEY!


No comments:

Post a Comment