Friday, July 20, 2012

I'm confused, but not alone!


"Maybe we’re not supposed to figure everything out on our own. Maybe we actually need others to help us—to help us find our way through the mess.”

Gongwer, Todd (2011-10-18). LEAD . . . For God's Sake! (p. 53). Tyndale House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

This was a quote taken from a book I read a few weeks ago.

It was a great read and I would highly recommend it.

What intrigued me about this quote was the fact that I often struggle with trying to figure things out on my own.

Trying to solve homelessness is a God size dream! It's so big! It's scary!

What I am learning more and more is the need to ask others for help in the process.

Just last night, Jeff asked me what was my vision for solving homelessness.

A good friend asking questions can spur you on in your quest. The question in and of itself can force you to consider things you haven't thought of.

This morning Charles stated that I was gathering information to be a resource for the future. Charles is the master of resources.

Charles is a "Street Saint"

Even though I don't have it all figured out yet, it's fun knowing I have friends in this journey with me asking probing questions and giving great advice.

I know that I am NOT alone!






No comments:

Post a Comment