Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's time to suit up!

I have been gone on vacation for two weeks and this was my first week back in the saddle. It was exciting to think about what was in store for me on my return. I had dreams of things starting to fall in place as soon as I returned.

After three days I realize that wasn't going to happen. Too many meetings, emails, and messages to catch up on. The craziness of work was crowding in on me. I was getting lost in the mounds of paperwork sitting on my desk. Nothing wanted to resolve itself easily!

Meanwhile God had been put up on the shelf waiting for me to notice him.

I never much like myself when I get too engrossed in my to do list and forget about my relationship with Christ!

I was reminded Tuesday morning that when things are going well, then we will come under attack. When God is on the move in his Church then there will certainly be attacks.

I have fallen prey to the attacks of busyness!


The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God,so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Eph 6:10-18 NIV'84


I need to make a choice; ask God for help, or try to get it all done on my own. It's not about what I am doing, but what He is doing.

In need to put on the Armor of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment