Friday, April 13, 2012

What happens when nothing happens?

The last couple of days have been challenging. A lot of things going on.

It was a short week because we took off Monday and so I had to squeeze everything in. There were several people out on vacation or sick.

I found myself running around with my head cut off!

I had to slow down and take my prayer walk, so it's given me time to reflect.

I read this post from Seth Godin two days ago. I found encouragement in it even though it is not intended for some great spiritual enlightenment. His blog is mainly intended for the business world.


Don't give up (you're on the right track)

Wrestling with a puzzle, a project or a problem, the likeliest reason to give up is the belief that it can't be done. What's the point of persevering if it's actually impossible to succeed?

"It can't be done," we say, throwing up our hands. Not "I can't do it," or "It's not worth my time," but "It can't be done."

In the year after Roger Bannister broke the 4 minute mile, the record was broken again and again. Once people realized it could be done, it wasn't an impossible task any longer. And that's why there's a flood of tablets on the market, many from companies that had what they needed to build the first one, but didn't until Apple showed them the way.

Two things you might take away from this: First, there's solace in finding someone who has done it before, whatever "it" is you're trying to do. Knowing that it's possible and studying how it was done can't help but increase the chances you'll stick it out.

Second: huge value accrues to the few able to actually do a thing for the very first time.



God has this way of using ALL things to get a point across to me! I reflected on the past two months! I am excited about the adventure God has me on!

I must be honest, I have been feeling like the past few days I haven't seen God answer my prayers. It tends to be all about MY prayers!

Yesterday in a podcast from Craig Groeschel, he was talking about unanswered prayers. God used that to bring home the point!

Craig said "Prayer reminds me I am not in control, but it keeps me close to the one who is! Prayer is not about my wants, but God's will!"

AMEN!

Keep pressing forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment