Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mustard seed

Am I crazy or am I just planting a mustard seed?

Yesterday afternoon I took off on my prayer walk around 3pm to the Northside.

I parked the car in my usual place.

I started right away picking up trash in front of a parked car on the side of the road. I noticed the front door of the house was open, which is unusual. A lady came out and said I must be picking up after the hoodlums. She thanked me and I continued on my journey.

I began making the turn down Montross ave, as I saw a neighbor working in her yard.

Let me take a moment and say the other day I felt led to go down the other side of the road. In other words I have expanded my prayer circle!

I make a point of one pass around the Church and then the second time around I cross the street and make the circuit. I found it interesting that after months on one track, you get a totally different perspective when you just cross the street!

Now let me pick up the story. I was on my second pass on the far side of the street. As I walked in front of this house, a neighbor was trimming her bushes.

She called out to me and said "Thank you for picking up the trash. Do you go to that Church there?" She was referring to Northminster. I said no I don't. She asked "Where do you live around here?" I said that I live on the Southside.

A puzzled look came over her face? She took a second and asked "Do you mean, that you drive all the way from there to here?" I said yes mam. She then said "God bless your heart" I replied; He is the one who told me to do it, so I do!

Now there have been many a time, that people have accused me of being crazy and I have given them plenty of ammo, like the time I wore a _ _ _ _ _!

I am going to stop there less I digress.

I know the neighbor might have thought I was crazy, but I would like to think I planted a seed of question and wonder!

Am I crazy or am I just planting seeds?

I am going with the mustard seed theory!


Parable of the Mustard Seed

31 Here is another illustration Jesus used: “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed planted in a field. 32 It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of garden plants; it grows into a tree, and birds come and make nests in its branches.”



No comments:

Post a Comment