Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Boaz & Ruth

I met Martha with Boaz & Ruth on Monday!

I was invited to have lunch down at the Firehouse Cafe on Meadowbridge Rd, which is right up the street from six corners.

Before we met I asked Martha to read up on my blog to see what had taken place over the last few months. This is always an easy way for new friends to get up to speed on what is happening.

We sat down for lunch. She asked for me to share some of my story with her. I spoke about how the journey began back in the summer. She then shared the history behind Boaz & Ruth.

I was impressed with all that they had accomplished in 10 years!

I have stated from the beginning that I wanted to support affordable housing, employment and prevention as it relates to homelessness.

Boaz & Ruth have been involved in all of these!

We spent about two hours together. She introduced me to a number of folks. It was fun meeting some more new friends from the neighborhood! I enjoyed getting to meet Corry, our server.

I enjoyed my lunch at the cafe so much, I took Charles back there this morning for breakfast! Corry was there again and he even remembered my name!

Martha proceeded to show me all the properties they own around that neighborhood. They have created quit the little social enterprise in that neighborhood.

I also got to see one of the stores they have. As I began to share the vision I have for a thrift store, She was very interested in partnering with me.

Every day I can see God's hand at work bringing people together with different talents and background. It was exciting to see how much we share in common.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Martha and the ministry she has in Highland Park. She must have liked what I had to say, she asked if I wanted to serve on her board. I respectively declined because at this point, I don't feel called to get tied down to any one organization.

There are a lot of great organizations out there that are doing tremendous work! I look forward to bringing together those that are willing to work together for the common good!

What will tomorrow look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment