Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dinner on the boulevard!

I am always thrilled to see how God is going to show up!

I got a call at 4:30pm yesterday from Wendy, asking if I would like to come to a meeting.

The meeting was in less than 30 minutes! I gave her a hard time.

Not much notice!

I said I didn't think I could. I called home to my wife. Pamela said she had a small group meeting to go to. I said I guess I'll go then!

The meeting was setup at Twiggie's cuisine! Right smack in the middle of brookland park blvd corridor.

The restaurant had on its menu Panamanian, Caribbean, and American cuisines. I had the Caribbean jerk chicken for dinner.

The setting was not your usual fair, seeing how there were bars on the windows and what look liked bullet holes in the glass probably made from a BB gun. There were lots of people on the street corners conducting  business.

Inside was a different story!

The meeting was with folks from all different backgrounds and churches. Several folks were from Northminster. Wendy from Embrace, had put the meeting together to draw in folks who were interested in making a difference in the north side.

We all introduced ourselves and what brought us to the meeting. We then proceeded to eat dinner. Mine was delicious even though I don't care for the spicy stuff. The staff and owner, Twiggie were awesome! We enjoyed getting to know them!

We had a time of devotion and then I was asked to share my story about prayer walking around the neighborhood. I started to talk about the book The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson.

I told everyone that I had been prayer driving around the city, the north side and even prayer walking around Northminster.

It was exciting to share how God was moving!

We then proceeded to walk to some of the buildings around the block that Wendy was interested in getting.

We prayed for what could be! What God is going to do!

I thoroughly enjoyed myself last night!

I look forward to another dinner on the Boulevard in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment