Friday, April 27, 2012

Dr. Visit

This morning I had a meeting with Dr John Moeser.

Dr. John Moeser, Senior Fellow at the Bonner Center for Civic Engagement at the Univeristy of Richmond and Professor Emeritus, Urban Studies and Planning, at Virginia Commonwealth University.

I had requested the meeting based on seeing a video of a talk he gave at the non profit organization ACTS. When I heard the talk I knew that I needed to meet with him. He said a lot of things that I have been dreaming of.

http://www.actsva.org/p/acts-in-action_23.html

I was excited to hear his perspective on the status of the poor and homeless in Richmond. He has a wealth of knowledge.

It turns out we knew a lot of the same people that I have come into contact with over the last few months. I was especially encouraged that he seemed to confirm the direction that I have been on.

He also suggested that I pull together more people to get involved, so that I don't burn myself out.

Great advice!

Let's pull together and see what God can do through us!

No comments:

Post a Comment