Monday, April 9, 2012

Prayer

This came came from Mark Batterson's Blog!

I couldn't say it any better, it's as if he was writing my thoughts for Richmond, Va!!!

The 7:14 Experiment
Posted: 03 Apr 2012 01:24 PM PDT

We began an experiLENT on Ash Wednesday. What would happen if we circled II Chronicles 7:14 everyday during Lent by hitting our knees in humility and seeking God’s face? Well, I’m in awe. Actually, a better description would be: shock and awe. I don’t know how else to describe it. Sometimes God shows up and that’s awesome. Sometimes God shows off. Not sure how else to say it. God reveals His glory in a way that is so unmistakable that you’ll never be the same. That’s how I feel right now. I’ve been swept in the powerful current of prayer and it’s taking me places I never imagined. God has proven once again that “He is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.” I feel like I’m walking on clouds, breathing rare air, and marveling at God’s sovereignty. Speechless.

So here’s my question: why would we stop hitting our knees when Lent ends? Why would we stop circling Chronicles 7:14? What I thought was an experiment has become a way of life! I look back and I’m not who I was! And I don’t want to go back! I’m going to press in and press on. This is my new normal. I feel like God has given me a glimpse of what life can be like when prayer and fasting become a way of life and there is no other way to live! Every day is an adventure filled with holy anticipation. Don’t get me wrong. It doesn’t come without a cost. I’ve never experienced spiritual warfare like this. I still have bad days. And there is nothing easy about dying to myself daily. But I’m done with business as usual. Business as usual is out of business! I’m going to be about the Father’s business!

Not only are we going to continue our 7:14 AM prayer meetings, but there is a 7:14 PM gathering on its way. I don’t know when. I’m not sure where. But it’s coming. God is birthing something in our spirits. I’m believing for nothing less than revival in our nation’s capitol. We don’t have to start it or lead it, butwe want in on it.




Still circling II Chronicles 7:14!

No comments:

Post a Comment