Monday, April 23, 2012

Get out of the boat!

Today I had a great time with the Lord this morning, just thinking about everything that has happened since the first of the year. It's only been about 3 1/2 months!

Time flies when you are having fun!

That is a true statement if I ever knew one!

A few years ago I read a book. It was called If you want to walk on water you've got to get out of the boat.


I was reminded of that book again this morning when I heard a message from Craig Groeschel called Why would God use me.

http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch/why-2012/4

God has blessed me in so many ways I couldn't begin to write it all down in one post, thus you can retrace everything by reading prior posts.

A few weeks ago Jeff mentioned during the service that God needs to first work in your life and then he can work through your life.

Craig Groeschel asked in his message "What does God want to do through you?" He then said the answer is "You have to step out to find out!". "You have to step out in faith to find out what God wants to do through you."

One thing I want to share with you, are all of the new relationships I have come into contact with over the last few months. I cherish everyone that I have met. I have spent more time with some than others, but I am confident that God will continue to use all of the folks I have met to further his kingdom.

I am thankful for Cassie, JT, Purnell, Todd, Muhammad, Eureka, Rush, Charles, Roger, Rudy, Wendy, Louis, Marti, Karen, Tom, Karen, Butch, Steve, Nancy, Carrolann, Melba, Christy, Michelle, Ashley, Lucinda, Tim, Bob, Leroy, Katie, Wanda, and today I met Martha!

I will follow up tomorrow with my time with Martha of Boaz and Ruth!

It was awesome!

What a great group of people! All who share a vision to see lives changed for the better!

(Please forgive me if I have left your name out by mistake! I am over 50!)

It all started when I did something I knew was out of my comfort zone!

I knew that I had to depend on God. I was NEVER going to do it on my own!

God was calling me to get involved with the homeless situation, but this is an area that I knew absolutely nothing about four months ago!

When I started I had NO idea what would take place, if I had I probably would have run away FAST!

Now that God had brought these people into my life and revealed some of what is to take place, I am more excited than EVER!

I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring!

As I reflect back on the past 17 weeks I am amazed at what has happened and who I have met, but more importantly NONE of this would have happened, if I hadn't gotten out of the boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment