Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What Does Homelessness Have To Do With Baseball?


Along this journey of helping to solve homelessness I have heard it said over and over "You can't save everyone".

Even though I believe it to be true, I have another take on it.

I happen to believe that is actually an excuse not to try.

I believe if you can save one and only one, then maybe you can save all through that one.

I have seen what an impact one person can have on a community through my best friend Charles.

He is one man who came from homelessness and now is impacting many lives.

He lives every day striving to make another persons life better.

He is my example to live by!

In baseball, nobody bats a 1000.

Your an all-star if you bat over 300 or 30%.

In this journey of helping the homeless the statistics are much, much lower.

I just want to get one hit!

I just want to see one life changed and then maybe like Charles they will impact many more!

Today's society likes winners. 

They want to see an all star.

In God's economy things are usually the opposite than what today's society is offering.

Like the beatitudes.

Matthew 5:3-5
New International Version (NIV)

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.


I can't save them all, but I can try to save just one.

So in this game, I'm playing just to get one hit.

I want to see just one life changed for the better.

That one person then can change another and so forth.

In this game of homelessness, you want to get in the game and just get one hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment