Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Prayer and Community Collide!

It's a lot of fun to reflect back on your prayer life.

Several months ago I started to keep a journal of my prayers.

When reading it over you see where your heart was at a particular time.

You see prayers that have been answered and prayers yet to be answered.

I can see where God has brought me on this journey.

I started praying for a neighborhood and over time God moved in my heart to consider relocating to that neighborhood.

As I continued to pray God began to build relationships with people from the neighborhood and doors began to open that I never saw before.

Over time I could see what was missing in my life and that was a sense of community with God.

I am more intentional with my relationship with God than ever before.

He has opened my eyes to what true community can be like not only with him but with each other as well.

The other day as I sat on the front porch of my new house in the hood, I saw a glimpse of this new community.

I found it exciting to sit on my front porch and I could literally speak to about 5-6 of my neighbors without getting out of my rocker!

In the old neighborhood in the burbs there are hardly any porches and you need to walk a ways to get to the neighbors house.

We have conditioned ourselves to be isolated with out even knowing it.

We get in our cars and drive away without saying a word to anyone.

This is not what God had planned.

I have seen more community happening with the Urban Camper than in my neck of the woods.

The glimpse I have seen so far gets me really excited about what the future holds in Northside.

Not only do I have some great neighbors that I look forward to getting to know better, but my urban camper friends live a short distance away as well.

Be careful what you pray for!

God has a better plan then anything I could come up with.

Through prayer, God has shown me the potential of true community!

I look forward to the prayers and community yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment