Thursday, June 27, 2013

Two Sides To Every Coin!

On April 15th I heard about the closing of Freedom House, a local shelter for the homeless.

Today I was reading in my prayer journal when I came across the entry for 4/15/13.

I was praying for those who would be impacted by the closing, especially the clients that live there.

It was told in the newspaper that all of the folks living there would be given the help to find a new place to stay.

I was led to believe based on what I read that everyone would have a place.

Don't always believe everything you read!

This past Sunday a gentleman named Dave came to Church.

He used to live at Freedom House.

I love how God brings people together.

You've heard it said that "there are always two sides of the story".

Dave had a totally different perspective about what went down when they closed Freedom House.

He shared with me that at least 12 people including himself were put back on the street.

Unfortunate that the very place that was trying to help the homeless, in the end contributed to some being homeless again.

You may not even believe this post.

That's ok, because the point that I want to make is that Richmond has a problem and we need to step up and make a difference.

There are people living on the streets. 

Not "Homeless", but people!

Freedom House was making a difference during its prime.

The resources are drying up for the non profits, but the Church has unlimited resources and potential.

The Church can make the difference in reaching all people including the people who happen to be homeless.

There are two sides to every coin and I like to see both sides and learn what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment