Monday, June 24, 2013

Another Urban Camper

I met another Urban Camper on Sunday.

He showed up for Church service.

He told me this past week he was in Caratas. 

Caritas is the local shelter system for Richmond.

They setup sleeping arrangements with local churches during the week.

In this particular case, he slept on a mat on the floor.

He looked very tired and he expressed that to me as well.

It was great getting to meet him and getting to hear his story.

I look forward to spending more time with him.

He said he loved the service. 

He called it a great "seeker service".

He understood who we were trying to reach.

I am glad he took the opportunity to join us for Church.

I enjoyed meeting another Urban Camper in order to better understand the challenges that come from being homeless.


No comments:

Post a Comment