Friday, May 31, 2013

Jerry's not at the bottom yet!

As I drove my usual route to the Northside, I began to think and pray for Jerry.

Jerry is a gentleman that sleeps outside the greyhound bus station.

I have written about him quit a bit.

I turned into the neighborhood looking for Jerry.

Sure enough as I was stopped at a red light, there he was literally standing at the corner.

I rolled down the window and asked him if he wanted to hang out with me.

We have had many a meal together.

I said I was going to pray at the church and then go out to breakfast.

Jerry is a man of God. 

As a matter of fact we have prayed together before.

On one occasion he shared with me his desire to one day be a pastor.

This day however he turned me down. He said he was meeting someone at 10am.

I assured him we would be back by 10am. 

It just so happens it was 6:45 am!

He said no and that he would stay in touch.

This was the second time in a month that Jerry has turned me down because he had to meet someone.

I want to think the best of someone, but the streets cause people to do things they may regret.

It's survival mode and not always a time to socialize.

I am still praying and waiting on Jerry.

I am believing that God can do a good work in Jerry's life.

It's not up to me to figure that out.

Jerry just hasn't hit bottom yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment