Saturday, May 4, 2013

SUV for An Urban Camper!



The other week a bicycle was donated for the Urban Campers.

I was searching for a friend who might need it to get around town.

At a Church picnic, I asked WB who went on the homeless retreat or should I say the Urban Camper Retreat if he needed some transportation.

He smiled and said he would love a bike.

My only concern was the amount of personal belongings WB liked to carry with him.

He had two bags with him at all times.

I asked where he would put them.

He said the handle bars were perfect for that.

I expressed some concern, but He and his bike were loaded up in a car and were driven back into the city.

The following week I waited to see if WB would show up for the Tuesday night bible study at the Alpha and Omega Bible Church.

I wanted to see him riding on the bike to Church.

Sure enough in his usually late manner he came slowly down the street.

I was glad to see him riding slowly because he had not two bags on the handle bars, but four!

After parking his bike and locking it up, I asked how did he manage to steer with all that luggage?

He said "That's my SUV"!

I couldn't help but laugh and smile at how thrilled he was to have An Urban SUV!


No comments:

Post a Comment