Sunday, May 5, 2013

Death with Dignity

In the less than 24 hours David (whom I asked for permission) was told he had only 1-2 months to live and no place to call home.

The hospital was prepared to release him yesterday knowing he had no where to go!

David is an Urban Camper with no family and no resources.

NONE!



Over the next few weeks and months I want to share with you the story of David, who is my friend and who once was homeless.

He now resides with my family as we walk together in this journey.


This past week has been one of unimaginably emotions and struggles of a man that spent the last 21 days in a hospital.

I not only want to tell you the story of the man, but also the story of how poorly run our health care system is, especially for those who do not have anything.

There are bright lights to the stories to be told as well.

My hope is that you will not only pray for David, but you will be made more aware of the plight of the Urban Camper.

You see David was one of the men from the retreat, and I am not going to let David die without dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment