Friday, May 17, 2013

Mustard Seed Bloomed Today!




On April 14, 2012 I wrote a post called Mustard Seed.

Today I saw what was planted over a year ago finally bloom!

On a Friday in April, 2012 I was taking my usual prayer walk around Northminster while picking up trash.

A lady came out to thank me for doing so. She asked if I went to church at Northminster. I said "no".

She asked if I lived in the neighborhood. I said "no".

She then asked where do you live? I live in Southside in Bon Air.

She was quit puzzled and tried to put all the pieces together.

She then thanked me and said "God Bless your heart."

I replied "He is the One who told me to do it, so I do!"

Now let me travel just over a year and come to the present day.

This past Wednesday I met a pastor named Dr Willie Woodson at an event for Boaz & Ruth.

He was introduced to me by Marti and Lewis Williams. Marti explained to Willie that I was prayer walking in the Northside.

Willie asked if he could join me.

I was thrilled because I had prayed a while back that someone from the neighborhood would join me. 

Someone who had a vested interest in the community.

Just so happens Willie is a pastor of First United Presbyterian Church on Ladies Mile Rd about half mile away.

Willie got up early and joined me this morning as we walked around the block.

When we made the turn onto Montrose Ave, a lady got out of her car and called out "Pastor".

The same lady that I had met over a year ago!

She asked inquisitively of her pastor. "What are you doing? Are you helping clean up?" 

He responded that he was prayer walking with me while we were picking up trash.

It was awesome to see how God orchestrated that one moment in time! 

Willie and I just smiled because I had just shared with him that story of that same lady greeting me a year ago about 10 minutes earlier.

That same lady that goes to his church!

Some times we need to be patient and wait for the mustard seed to bloom, but when it does you can count it all joy for how God brought it to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment