Friday, December 7, 2012

Twice in one day!

One of the things that God has inspired me to do more often, is to show kindness to strangers.

On the way to the Dairy Bar with Charles, I saw a guy named Mel walking to work. I had picked him up a few weeks back for the first time.

Here is the prior post. Wake Up!

Mel got in the car and there I sat with two black men traveling in a Prius of all things!

Never happen a year ago!

I took Mel down the road a ways to his job at Kloke. We had a great chat and I encouraged him to come to church. He said he didn't have a car. I told him to call me and I would find him a ride.

Mel had also mentioned that he was a great guitar player. I encouraged him some more to come out and see our band.

When we got to Kloke, we all said our good byes and I drove off.

Later that same day it just so happened that I was driving down the boulevard through the same area of town.

Sure enough there was Mel headed back home. I shouted out to him and he couldn't believe it was me AGAIN!

He jumped in the car and was laughing at the fact that I showed up again on his way home!

He couldn't believe it! 

Was that a divine appointment or what!

We had a great time and I encouraged him again to check us out at church. I told him that we weren't your ordinary church!

I believe Mel will be at Atlee Community Church one Sunday!

It's a blast driving to the Northside and seeing a new friend twice in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment