Sunday, December 2, 2012

Picking up strangers!

Saturday on my drive around Fairmont Memorial Baptist Church I noticed an ederly man walking along the street. He was walking with a limp and he had a shopping bag in hand.

I thought to myself he was headed to the store!

I made a u-turn and asked if he wanted a ride?

He wanted to say no, but I insisted so he accepted my offer.

He was headed up the road to Walgreens.

He shared that his name was Bill.

But then he said that it was really William, but most people insisted on pronouncing it Welliam and he hated that, so he went with Bill.

I dropped him off and started to reflect on all the strangers I have picked up over the last few months.

Why had I not done this before?

Fear! Plain and simple!

I am glad that I am facing my fears with God's help because I am meeting some really great people!

It can be fun picking up strangers!

No comments:

Post a Comment