Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Venture out of your neighborhood!

This past weekend I got the chance to make two new friends.

I called Charles up and asked him if he could find me a couple of guys to help me get my house ready to go on the market.

The house needs to sell in order for my wife and I to move to the Northside!

Sure enough Friday morning two men showed up in a beat up old truck. I mention the truck because the only way I could get out of it at Lowes, was for the driver to come around to the passenger side and open it up from the outside.

It was quit the sight!

The best part of the time together were the conversations we had. 

We got a lot accomplished, but the friendships were much more important than the work!

These men have had very hard times! One had been injured over and over again during his life and the other had spent time on the streets. 

Both have spent time behind bars.

What I found out was that they were in very foreign territory in my neighborhood.

We went to Chic-fil-a for lunch. One of the guys had never ever been there.

He stated that this was a new venture for him in the suburbs. I replied that it was like me walking in the hood.

He said "exactly!"

How will we ever learn more about each other if we don't go where others live?

No comments:

Post a Comment