Friday, December 28, 2012

"No" can be the hardest word to say!

"NO"

The word "No" is only two letters and is easy to pronounce!

Yet it can be the hardest word to say!

In my dealing with the homeless sometimes the word "no" can be a life saver.

That doesn't mean it comes easy. 

When a man living on the streets who has nothing, asks you for money what do you do?

I think to myself that I have a lot more than he does and I can surely afford a dollar or two.

The first time may not be the problem or the second time that you give away money.

But what happens after that? 

There becomes an expectation and that may lead to an attitude of entitlement!

Money may lead to more self destruction and it will surely ruin your relationship, if all your expected of is to give out the dough.

I hate seeing people in the street suffering, but I don't want to be part of the problem.

I want to be part of the solution, but the solution takes a lot of work, time, and effort.

Giving away money is easy, but it's not helping!

Saying "no" is hard, but saying "no" and standing along side them is the best way to go!

1 comment: